With our print safely wrapped and tucked away in a tube, it would be a couple of weeks before we saw her again. At the beginning of the year a nearby shop was having a sale, so we brought her in for framing. As Dennis, the Frame Shop Guy, gently unrolled the print, he gasped in surprise. Curious, I looked down and was startled by how much more beautiful it was than I had remembered. The gallery had been somewhat dark, with little natural light. In the frame shop, however, the little girl's face seemed to glow right off the paper. A photo simply does not do justice to the richness of Brophy's work. In the end, I am thrilled with the print we chose ... but I wouldn't mind adding "Oracle" to our (very) slowly growing collection.
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Daughter of Vulcan
With our print safely wrapped and tucked away in a tube, it would be a couple of weeks before we saw her again. At the beginning of the year a nearby shop was having a sale, so we brought her in for framing. As Dennis, the Frame Shop Guy, gently unrolled the print, he gasped in surprise. Curious, I looked down and was startled by how much more beautiful it was than I had remembered. The gallery had been somewhat dark, with little natural light. In the frame shop, however, the little girl's face seemed to glow right off the paper. A photo simply does not do justice to the richness of Brophy's work. In the end, I am thrilled with the print we chose ... but I wouldn't mind adding "Oracle" to our (very) slowly growing collection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment