What I really wanted to do was glide gently along Lake Chelan in
a kayak, stopping every so often to stick my face and toes toward
the warming sun. What I didn’t consider is that at the end of April, the glacier-fed lake is a goosebump-inducing 48 degrees, and they don’t
allow us silly city folk to rent kayaks because we’ll probably fall out of them
and they don’t want our frozen bodies polluting their crystal clear waters.
The other thing I really wanted to do was play miniature
golf. Because vacations are the only time it's acceptable for a grown-ass woman to putt a golf ball around the miniature moat of a miniature castle without any children in tow. But, again, what I didn’t consider is that miniature golf course
operators don’t stay open in the off-season for those few random weekenders who
think they’re being clever and avoiding the summer crowds by vacationing in April.
So we did this instead:
| That sounds rather sinister, wouldn't ya say? |
| We called this cloud "The Flying Spaghetti Monster". |
| Tumbleweeds are hilarious... to me. |
Our pretty hike in the Beebe Springs Natural Reserve turned my frown upside down. Happy, sweaty and a smidge sunburnt, we ended our day with a little tennis and a sunset walk. I guess we'll just have to come back for the kayaking and miniature golf.
No comments:
Post a Comment