An experience that was probably more special to me than my S.O. was a stop at the Sacred Garden just outside of Pa'ia. The best way I can describe the Sacred Garden is that it's like a metaphysical bookstore manifested as a botanical garden. If I had been on my own I would have likely spent the rest of the afternoon in this space wandering the labyrinths, meditating and swatting away the mosquitoes.
I had never walked a labyrinth so my S.O. waited while I tried this one out. According to the Sacred Garden website "You do not walk the labyrinth to learn about the labyrinth - you walk the labyrinth to learn about yourself. Everything is a metaphor". Like with any sort of prayer, meditation or other spiritual practice, walking the labyrinth allowed me to momentarily shut out external stimuli. As the stones crunched beneath my feet, I reflected upon the thoughts and feelings that bubbled up: some I pondered further and others I let go. I didn't experience any deep revelations while walking the path, but I did feel a sense of calm and mental reprieve afterward.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment