On their website they describe it as:
"Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty
that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony."
It just so happens that I live in the Emerald City so I know a little bit about the color green. And it's true that all the greens in the flora and foliage really do enhance my sense of well-being, balance and harmony. What I don't know, however, is how the heck to wear the darn color. Quite honestly, green has never been one of my favorites, and the hue closest to green in my closet is khaki. However, last year I came across this photo of Angelina Jolie wearing a stunning emerald pendant and earrings (of her own design) and I suddenly became obsessed.
I love how the emerald color adds a burst of interestingness to an otherwise very simple outfit. A few months later, my favorite local jewelry designer, Mrs. Robinson's Affair, posted these emerald green jade earrings on her Etsy page and I just had to snatch them up.
Armed with my first official emerald acquisition, I set out to explore how to integrate more of it into my closet. Lucky for me, I'm also a Pinterest addict so I started squirreling away green outfits on my Style board and here are some ideas I found:
1. Urban summer chic. I'd wear those pants in a heartbeat but I might be a little too old to rock the tube top.
2. Easy weekend wear. Last month I found a pair of pants this color at the Gap. I chickened out the first time I tried them on but once I decided to take the risk and get them, I could NOT find them in my size. Anywhere. I decided that was a sign and gave up, but I still ache for them.
![]() |
| The leopard print belt really ties the look together, n'est-ce pas? |
3. Romantic. The look below is a good example of how details like color or an oversized keyhole back opening can spice up a dress that could easily sway matronly.
4. Flirty and feminine. In the past I would've gagged at the mention of emerald lace, but hey, it works on the dress Miranda Kerr is wearing. Let's just try to forget that she's a Victoria's Secret model and could make a burlap poncho look chic.
5. The perfect dress. The stripey number Zoe Saldana is wearing is definitely one of my faves of the bunch. It's modern, yet retro. It can be dressed up or down. And it looks pretty comfy to boot.
6. Runway ready. Oscar de la Renta has been dabbling in emerald as well and this little number was spotted on a runway in some fabulous city. It's perfect for an heiress or Duchess, or one of those ladies who "lunch".
7. Elegantly fabulous. This is another winner in my book and perfect for weddings, graduations, dinner parties and any other summertime event that calls for a pretty dress. And who needs ruby slippers when you can have emerald stilettos? Meow.
8. Shoe addict. If you're a shoe hoarder or if you prefer just a splash of color, Jimmy Choo's got the emerald sandal for you.
In addition to the jade earrings, I've picked up a few green pieces to integrate into my wardrobe. Once it's warm enough to wear them I'll start experimenting and I just might post what I come up with.











No comments:
Post a Comment