Friday, May 18, 2012

Fierce at Any Age

Advanced Style is both a blog and book dedicated to stylish women over 60. The author, Ari Seth Cohen, first focused only on New York's fashionistas but has now taken his appreciation of older women global. I am thrilled that these ladies are unafraid of flaunting their grey hair and wrinkles. They are infinitely more lovely than the deformed plastic surgery addicts we are accustomed to seeing in the media. We are much too frequently barraged with images of Hollywood women who think that being stylish means rejecting the grace that comes with age.

Below are some of my favorite beauties. They know that being older does not equal being boring. I just love their sartorial wit and sparkle!

Now that's some bling!

I hope to look half as lovely as her someday.

Wicked gorgeous. This is how my grandmother dresses minus the awesome hair.

So chic! I want her to be my personal shopper.

I would so wear this tomorrow.

Seriously fabulous. Do you think she once danced in a cabaret?

Style personified.

No comments:

Post a Comment